Find Ingredients, Recipes, and Decor for your Thanksgiving Table
November is a month of family, gratitude, and turkey. Whether you are attending a Friendsgiving or hosting forty family members for Thanksgiving, the Boston Public Market is a one-stop-shop source for fresh, locally sourced ingredients and everything you need for your meal.
Make your Thanksgiving a #BPMThanksgiving! Feature a fresh, local turkey from Chestnut Farms or Stillman Quality Meats, seafood items from Red’s Best, potatoes, brussels sprouts, and carrots from Siena Farms or Stillman’s Farm, and enhance your dinner table with a gorgeous centerpiece from Stow Greenhouses.
Visit the Dinner Tonight display at the Market to find take-home recipes for every dish on your Thanksgiving table and make each step of your holiday meal prep, from shopping to cooking, a piece-of-cake.
We’ll make the shopping task even easier: between November 19-23, the Boston Public Market will offer a Market-to-door grocery bag delivery service so customers can stock up without shopping ‘til they drop. And in the spirit of giving back, from November 17-20, purchase extra items at the Market to be donated to our community members in need through our partnership with Fresh Truck.
Visit the Boston Public Market throughout the full holiday season for more programs, seasonal products, and locally sourced gifts for friends and family.
Find details below about November happenings at the Market and visit bostonpublicmarket.org for more information. Check out the Market’s 40 vendors, and explore their locally sourced and seasonal produce, meats, dairy, seafood, bread, prepared and specialty items, and more.
Visit The KITCHEN at the Boston Public Market for an exciting lineup of tasting, cooking and seasonal craft programs this month featuring BPM vendors. Programmed by The Trustees, The KITCHEN offers daily hands-on classes and educational experiences that celebrate the farmers and artisans of this region. See The KITCHEN webpage for a full schedule.
NOVEMBER POP-UP VENDORS:
- Finesse Pastries (11/1-11/20, 11/28-12/23): a gourmet French patisserie offering a variety of classic French pastries and macarons.
- Maine Grains (11/7-11/20): traditional stone milled, locally grown grains.
- Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association (11/14-11/20): Cape Cod Cranberry Growers’ Association (CCCGA) represents approximately 330 growers throughout Massachusetts.
- Polka Dog (11/14-12/23): Homemade dog treats made from scratch everyday in South Boston.
- Deborah’s Kitchen (11/21-11/27): Locally made jams and preserves made with two thirds fruit, all natural sugar and no preservatives.
- ParTea (11/28-12/4): Flavor your liquor with Booze Infusers.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3:
- Evening Sampling at Chestnut Farms (every Thursday; 4pm-8pm): Stop by Chestnut Farms to sample fresh products from this family owned and operated livestock farm in the heart of Massachusetts.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4:
- Family Dinner Night in The KITCHEN (every Friday; 6pm-8pm): Kick-start your family’s weekend with a hands-on cooking experience using seasonal ingredients from BPM farmers and vendors. Cost: Trustees Member Adult $24; Member Child: $12; Non-member Adult: $30; Non-member Child: $15.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5:
- $5 on the 5th at Stow Greenhouses stall: Treat yourself to a petit bouquet for just $5. Just a little something to perk up your desk or counter. Get them while they last!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6:
- Rediscovering the Mocha Road with George Howell Coffee (In The KITCHEN; 10am-12pm): Mokhtar Alkanshali, a descendant from Yemen’s historic province of Ibb, will present on his ancestral land and its unique coffees. Samplings of the finest Yemeni coffees will follow. Tickets $15.
- $1 Buck Shuck (Red’s Best stall; 11am-7pm): $1 shellfish on the first Sunday of the month.
- Seasonal Jam and Baking Mix Sampling (Appleton Farm’s Stall; 12pm-2pm): Carolyn Grieco from Carolyn’s Farm Kitchen will sample seasonal jams and scratch baking mixes.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7:
- Thankful Mondays at Red’s Best Stall (every Monday): Enjoy 10% off fresh fish all day (excluding halibut and bay scallops).
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9:
- Seasonal Floral Arrangement Drop-In Class with Stow Greenhouses (in The KITCHEN; 12-2pm): Visit The KITCHEN for 30 minutes between 12:00 and 2:00 p.m. and create a beautiful Seasonal Floral Arrangement. Instruction plus supplies included. Cost: Trustees Members $15; Nonmembers $25.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10:
- Ugly is Awesome: Underutilized Species (In The KITCHEN; 6pm-7:30pm): 3 of a 4 part series focused on tasting and immersing into the behind the scenes of New England’s seafood industry. FREE. Registration required ensuring enough free samples.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11:
- Seasonal Floral Arrangement Drop-In Class with Stow Greenhouses (in The KITCHEN; 12-2pm): Visit The Kitchen for 30 minutes between 12:00 and 2:00 p.m. and create a beautiful Seasonal Floral Arrangement. Instruction plus supplies included. Trustees Members $15, Nonmembers $25.
- Great Hill Blue Cheese Demo and Tasting (Appleton Farms Stall; 4pm-7pm) Meet with a Great Hill Blue representative and taste the sharp, tangy raw blue cheese made with raw milk from Marion, MA.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12:
- Kids in The KITCHEN (10am-12pm): Kids age 6 and up learn to cook with BPM vendors Siena Farms, Stillman’s Farm, Jennifer Lee’s Gourmet Bakery, Red Apple Farm, and Taza Chocolate. Cost: Trustees Member: $9; Nonmember: $15.
- Seasonal Floral Arrangement Drop-In Class with Stow Greenhouses (in The KITCHEN; 2:30pm-4:30pm): Couldn’t make it during the week? Here’s your last chance to make a Seasonal Floral Arrangement. Visit The KITCHEN and create your arrangement. Instruction plus supplies included. Trustees Members $15; Nonmembers $25.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13:
- Massachusetts Grand Wine Tasting (in The KITCHEN; 12pm-3pm): The first all-local wineries tasting event, taste and experience a variety of wines from 10+ Massachusetts wineries. In partnership with BPM vendor, Massachusetts Wine Shop. Event is 21+ and free but registration is required.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17:
- Bay Scallops vs. Sea Scallops (Red’s Best Stall; 12pm-3pm): Casual fish chat for a hands-on info session to learn more about dry day boat and bay scallops landed right here in Massachusetts.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19:
- Kids in The KITCHEN (10am-12pm): Kids age 6 and up learn to cook with BPM vendors Siena Farms, Stillman Farm, Jennifer Lee Gourmet Bakery, Red Apple Farm, and Taza Chocolate. Cost: Trustees Member: $9; Nonmember: $15.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22:
- Pie in the Sky by Community Servings Pick-up: Pick up your pre-ordered pie from Pie in the Sky in The KITCHEN. All pie proceeds help provide meals and nutrition to the critically ill and homebound in Massachusetts.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25:
- On the Edge Knife Sharpening (10:30am–4:30pm): Bring your knives to the Market to have them expertly sharpened by Patti, $10 for a small knife, $15 for a large knife.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29:
- Red’s Best Free Sample Night: Skate Wing (3pm-6pm): Stop by Red’s Best Stall to try and learn how to prepare Skate Wings, a perfect addition to your winter meals.