Wine 101: Wine Tasting and Pairing Workshop
Learn to navigate the wine aisle like a seasoned sommelier. Our Wine 101 class covers the basics of selecting, tasting, and pairing the best international, domestic and local wines. We’ll explore different grape varieties and styles of wine and uncover the mysteries of food and wine pairing. Six wines will be paired with a variety of local treats from Boston Public Market farmers and food artisans.
We’re thrilled to partner with Chef Jen Murray to bring her popular wine experience to The KITCHEN this season!
This class is a special “Holiday Wines” edition in our ongoing series.
- Local Sparkling White Wine paired with fresh fruit from Stillman’s Farm
- New Zealand White Wine paired with a Goat Cheese Crostini from Appleton Farms
- Local Rose paired with fresh pasta from the Law of Pasta served with a light cream sauce
- French Pinot Noir paired with assorted cured meats from Appleton Farms
- California Syrah paired with thinly sliced pork tenderloin from Chestnut Farms with a spiced berry chutney
- California Cabernet Sauvignon paired with Q’s Nuts and Taza chocolate
About the Chef/Teacher
Jen Murray, DipWSET graduated from The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in 2002. Her passion for food and wine only deepened as she traveled to numerous countries strengthening her skills and knowledge. She went back to school for wine in 2006 and completed the Elizabeth Bishop Wine Program at BU. In 2012, she completed the 2 year diploma program through Wine & Spirit Eduction Trust. Jen is the owner of The Urban Chef Inc. and continues to teach food and wine courses at the CSCA and The Kitchen.