Spirits-infused Truffle Making Workshop: Taza Chocolate and Caledonia Spirits
Local Booze + Chocolate? It’s a match made in heaven! Satisfy all your wildest cravings and share a sweet moment with friends, family or a significant other making chocolate side-by-side, plus taste + learn about craft whiskey made from scratch in Vermont.
This hands-on workshop has three delicious parts:
- First, our Taza chocolate expert will teach you how to make dark chocolate ganache from scratch using the highest-quality stone-ground chocolate and farm-fresh Appleton Farms cream, with the addition of the perfect amount of Caledonia Spirits for that extra punch of flavor. You’ll work in teams to create a pot of hot ganache and dip bread and cheese into this delicious treat (it’s like fondue).
- Then, Taza will join forces with the experts at the Caledonia to lead the group through a spirits and chocolate tasting & pairing class with three different spirits and three different chocolates. You’ll taste all the most popular Taza chocolate flavors of all intensity levels paired expertly with Caledonia Spirits.
- And last, you’ll roll decadent dark chocolate truffles by hand; made with chilled dark Taza ganache + Caledonia Spirits. You will dip your dozen truffles into three-four different toppings and take them home in a box – to either share or horde.
Tasting will include Caledonia Spirits Barr Hill Gin, Barr Hill Reserve Tom Cat Gin, and Barr Hill Vodka, and three Taza Chocolate flavors paired perfectly with the three spirits.
We’ll also have a local cheese board from Appleton Farms, the Boston Public Market’s purveyor of over 100 Massachusetts cheeses.
- Friday, August 9 from 6-7:30 PM
- Friday, September 6 from 6-7:30 PM
- Friday, November 1 from 6-7:30 PM
Tickets: Each ticket comes with a dozen truffles. Tickets cost $52 per Trustees member and $65 per non-member (general ticket). Join The Trustees and save! Members save between 20-40% off all classes in The KITCHEN. Join the Trustees and show us your membership email and get the member rate. Join here.
Please note: We can provide a vegan truffle option, but all Taza chocolate contains traces of nuts, and so will the chocolate for this class. Please select VEGAN truffles in Eventbrite when you’re buying your ticket.
About Taza Chocolate
At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. Cacao is so complex in flavor that we want to let it shout loud and proud. That is why we do less to bring you more. We stone grind cacao beans into perfectly unrefined, minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted. Taza’s full product line is also available for purchase. In addition to our Direct Trade Cacao Certification, Taza is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Gluten Free, and OU Kosher Pareve. Taza Chocolate is also dairy free, soy free and vegan.
About Caledonia Spirits
Caledonia craft distillery is located in Caledonia County, Vermont and inspired by the views from atop the Barr Hill Nature Preserve. The company was founded on a vision to support working landscapes and local agriculture by making Barr Hill craft spirits from regional raw materials. After 48 years keeping bees and selling honey, Todd Hardie decides he’d like to bring raw honey into distillation. In Caledonia Spirits’ first year in business, they sold 235 cases of Barr Hill Gin and Barr Hill Vodka. Caledonia Spirits sees the excitement over their honey inspired gin and vodka, and the demand is booming. The company runs nearly 450 gin distillations in the year in attempt to keep up with overwhelming demand.
Check out their website for more information: https://caledoniaspirits.com/