Conquer your kitchen with these deep-dive classes! Each KITCHEN Master Class will focus on a different type of cooking style, technique, or food group to teach you about sourcing, preparing, seasoning, and cooking each recipe to perfection. Cooking skills of all levels are welcome!
Bacon – it’s not just for breakfast! Everyone’s favorite sizzling side dish is getting an upgrade in this KITCHEN Master Class. We’ll show you how versatile and elegant bacon can be, whether it’s caramelized, dressed up with some local cheese, or paired alongside spicy jalapenos. This isn’t your average grocery store bacon, either – it’s top-quality pork sourced from Chestnut Farms.
In this lively, hands-on cooking class you’ll learn how to pair bacon with the fresh produce and products of the farmers and artisans of the Boston Public Market. Guided by Chef Jen, you will create an exciting menu using seasonal, local foods. You will get more comfortable in the kitchen by practicing knife skills, learning cooking techniques, and experimenting with diverse flavor profiles.
In addition, you will enjoy tastes of three local New England wines that pair perfectly with recipes we’ll be making, courtesy of The Massachusetts Wine Shop.
Come ready to roll up your sleeves and get cooking!
- Saturday February 1 from 1-3PM
- Saturday February 22 from 1-3PM
- Saturday March 7 from 1-3PM
- Bacon wrapped dates with local cheese
- Glazed bacon candy with sweet potato
- Slab bacon tacos with charred jalapeno crema and pineapple salsa
Unfortunately, we cannot accomodate vegetarian or vegan preferences. For any allergies, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our hands-on cooking classes are structured as a group learning experience; you’ll work with other students to create a seasonal meal led by our professional chef instructors. We focus on learning new cooking styles and techniques to increase your confidence and enjoyment in your own kitchen. Here are a few things to know before booking a class with us:
- Each class is centered on the local, seasonal farmers and artisans of the Boston Public Market, so menus may change slightly based on what’s available the day of the event.
- During each class, you’ll learn 2 or 3 recipes, you’ll work with between 2 and 4 other students to create each one, and you’ll enjoy a plentiful taste of each.
- Classes are usually between 2 and 2.5 hours long, unless otherwise noted.
- Please be prepared to be on your feet, standing at a table, and cooking for the duration of class.
- We recommend comfortable, non-slip, and closed-toe shoes.
About Chef Jennifer Heilig
Jennifer Heilig is a trained chef, culinary educator, and wner of For The Table cooking school. She has cooked professionally for over 15 years. Jen teaches group, private, and corporate cooking classes in and around Boston, Massachusetts. Cooking has been Jen’s lifelong passion. After graduating from Smith College, she dove into the kitchen life as the personal chef for a college president for several years. Work in the business world followed, but cooking remained a central part of her life, and she eventually left her desk job to focus on food. She graduated from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts with high honors and received the school’s Julia Child Award. She has worked at a number of restaurants in and around Boston and on Cape Cod, including Legal Harborside and State Street’s executive dining room. Jen founded For The Table cooking school to bring hands-on classes to home cooks of all levels. Her mission is to help people enjoy cooking and to cook at home more often. Her classes range from cooking techniques and fundamentals to ingredient- and cuisine-focused favorites. She is proud to be part of the Boston Public Market community and to teach and cook in The KITCHEN with the fresh, local bounty of NewEngland.