Baking School: Essential Breads with Chef Cleo
Go back to school and learn how to bake with Chef Cleo Bell at The KITCHEN at The Boston Public Market! In this lively, hands-on cooking class you’ll learn the essential science and techniques to creating perfect baked goods. In each class, participants will create enough of each baked good to enjoy at the end of class and bring home extras to share.
Attendees will also enjoy a wine tasting of three local wines from the Massachusetts Wine Shop as they knead, mix, taste, and bake each scrumptious recipe.
Baking School is scheduled for Sundays from 1:00-3:00 pm, unless otherwise noted. Each class includes two different types of bread, to help expand your baking expertise!
- Sunday October 6: Rye Bread & Challah Bread
- Sunday October 13: Rye Bread & Challah Bread
- Sunday November 10: Sourdough Bread & Whole Wheat
- Sunday November 17: Sourdough Bread & Whole Wheat
- Sunday December 8 (Deluxe Holiday Breads) Cardamom Bulle & Orange Chocolate Babka
- Sunday December 22 (Deluxe Holiday Breads) Cardamom Bulle & Orange Chocolate Babka
About Baking School
Our hands-on baking classes are structured as a group learning experience; you’ll work with other students to create a seasonal meal led by our professional chef instructors. We focus on learning new styles and techniques to increase your confidence and enjoyment in your own kitchen. Here are a few things to know before booking a class with us:
- During each class, you’ll learn 2 recipes and you’ll work with between 2 and 4 other students to create each one.
- Classes are usually between 2 and 2.5 hours long, unless otherwise noted.
- Please be prepared to be on your feet, standing at a table, and cooking for the duration of class.
- We recommend comfortable, non-slip, and closed-toe shoes.
Tickets: $52 for Trustees member and $65 for Non-Trustees Members. Members must bring their current member card and number. Join The Trustees and save! Members save between 20-40% off all classes in The KITCHEN.
About Chef Cleo Bell
Cleo Bell is the Educaton and Operations Manager at the KITCHEN at the Boston Public Market. Cleo has a degree in Anthropology from McGill University and she has been cooking professionally for almost ten years in Washington, D.C., Maine, and Massachusetts. She gets her inspiration for new menus from the farmers and artisans at the Boston Public Market and she is passionate about teaching people how to cook using local ingredients, especially fruits and vegetables. She believes that in learning how to cook, we also learn how to better care for our bodies, our friends and families, and the environment.