Boston Public Market is Hiring Fall Interns
Duration: August 2015-December 2015
Hours per week: Minimum 10 hours per week. Priority for Wednesday-Sunday, as the market is closed Monday and Tuesday.
The Boston Public Market opened this summer. It is a year-round, indoor market featuring fresh, locally sourced food brought directly to and from the diverse people that make up Massachusetts and New England. It is the only locally sourced market of its kind in the United States. The Market is a civic resource, educating the public about food sources, nutrition, and preparation.
General responsibilities will include:
- Public Market Support – Work with staff on promotional events, community outreach and programming development for the operation of the BPM.
- Public Relations – Maintain and create content for the BPM’s social media platforms and website.
- Manage Volunteers & BPM Merchandise – Coordinate and train volunteers on promotional and informational tasks within the market. Purchase new merchandise, as well as ensure that existing merchandise is reordered and restocked.
- Non-Retail Space – Help plan and execute programming for the market’s non-retail locations. Current examples include the Cookbook Exchange program, Toddler Nook, and Kitchen Conversations.
- Day stall Program – Work with the staff to coordinate a short-term vending program. Includes researching potential seasonal vendors and assisting the operations team with vendor training and move in.
- Boston Bounty Bucks Program – Use exceptional Microsoft Excel and accounting skills to track EBT/SNAP accounts and receipts for all market vendors. Strong technical and organizational experience necessary.
- Interest in sustainability, food systems, start-up business experience, and/or the nonprofit sector;
- Currently pursuing or have recently completed an undergraduate degree;
- Strong research and communications skills, particularly interviewing and writing;
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously;
- Must be a self-starter and strong collaborator.
Boston Public Market Association
12 Marshall Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
Boston Public Market
100 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02108
Compensation: This is an unpaid position but course credit may be available.
Application Procedure: To apply, email your resume and a brief cover letter to: Julia Vannoni, Business Manager & Special Assistant to the CEO at email@example.com