Fresh Made-To-Order Crêpes Available at the Market
BOSTON, MA (July 2018) — Bon Appetit Crêperie, a family-owned business specializing in sweet and savory crêpes, is now open at the Boston Public Market. Located directly across from Chestnut Farms, the stall sells a wide variety of crêpe offerings that suit every craving, from dessert treats to complete meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Bon Appetit Crêperie infuses French, Mediterranean, and African cuisine into its array of crêpes. Owners Shawket and Lalla Mourtada draw inspiration from their mixed backgrounds that they then combine to fill the menu with new flavors and creations. With their dynamic fusion of ingredients, Bon Appetit’s menu ranges from the savory “Mediterranean Beef” (marinated grilled beef, chickpeas, tomatoes, red onions, scallions, fresh mint, parsley and cilantro with a creamy sesame sauce) to “Nana’s Pie” (cooked apples with cinnamon almonds and brown sugar topped with caramel and whipped cream). Each batch of batter is made from scratch and all crêpes are carefully made to order using only the freshest ingredients.
Bon Appetit’s full menu is prepared onsite, incorporating local and seasonal ingredients sourced from other market vendors. “We could not be more thrilled to be joining the Boston Public Market this summer,” said Shawket. “It has always been a dream of ours to operate a stand in one of Boston’s most recognized markets, and we look forward to making endless memories with the community.”
A few menu items include:
- Early Bird: Béchamel sauce, mozzarella cheese, egg, sliced turkey, spinach
- Sea Master: Smoked salmon, capers and scallions on a cream cheese spread
- Very Veggie: Spinach, mushroom, roasted bell pepper, tomatoes, red onions, black olives, pickled ginger and fresh mint on a hummus spread topped with a sesame ginger sauce
- Brie Delight: Brie cheese, fig or raspberry jam, walnuts and honey
- Cinnamon Bun: Cream cheese or butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
- Parfait: Greek yogurt, granola, strawberries, blueberries topped with a honey drizzle
“We’re delighted to welcome Bon Appetit Crêperie to the Market,” said Cheryl Cronin, CEO of the Boston Public Market. “The crêperie’s menu will not only offer variety to the savory and sweet items currently available at the Market, but it will also continue to support and promote New England farms and vendors through its use of local ingredients.”
Bon Appetit Crêperie will occupy the space across from Chestnut Farms on the Sudbury Street side of the market. You can follow them on Instagram or learn more from their website: https://www.bonappetitcreperieboston.com/.