Goat Cheese and Honey French Toast
Goat Cheese & Honey French Toast with Seasonal Fruit
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 loaf seed bread, cut into thick slices
1 pint fresh blueberries (or other seasonal fruit)
6 large eggs
2 cups of milk
2-3 tbsp of butter
Optional: Maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix eggs and milk in a large bowl.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet.
4. Drench the bread in the egg and milk mixture and place in pan. Cook until golden brown, approx. 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and let cool.
5. Spread goat cheese on one slice of the french toast. Top with blueberries, drizzle with honey, and top with a second slice of french toast. Repeat until all slices have been stuffed and stacked.
6. Put stuffed French toast on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and gooey in the center.