Applications are open for the 2023 season!
Thank you for your interest in vending at Boston Public Market’s Dewey Square Farmers Market on the Greenway.
Please see below for information on applying for the market.
Dewey Square Plaza, across from South Station
Dates and Times
Tuesdays from 11am until 4pm, June 6th through November 21st
$32.40/day per 10×10′ space
$50.40/day per 10×20′ space (farms only)
Discount – 10% off market fees if full season payment is received by March 31st.
(Not available for once-a-month vendors.)
Sign Up Options
Full season (25 weeks)
Half season (first/second 12 weeks or every other week)
Once a month (six weeks)
What types of products do you accept?
The Boston Public Market Association (BPMA) is a non-profit with the goal of featuring locally sourced foods brought directly to and from the diverse people that make up Massachusetts and New England. As such, all products for sale must be grown and/or produced by local vendors, or made from locally grown ingredients. The BPMA must approve all items.
Eligible goods include:
- Massachusetts agricultural products (produce, plants, flowers, maple syrup, meat, etc.)
- Baked goods, and locally produced grocery items are eligible, but should be made using New England-sourced ingredients as much as possible.
- All non-food products would have to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and need to be heavily food-related in order to make sense at the market. Locally made, non-food products made from local agricultural products or other locally sourced natural resources, such as goat’s milk soap, beeswax candles, wooden cutting boards, etc., may be eligible.
- If you feel that your business & products support our mission and will be a good complement to our markets, we would love to hear from you!
Items we cannot accept:
- Products from outside of New England, or products that come from a distributor or wholesale house.
- Prepared foods: the Greenway hosts pop-up food trucks to complement the Farmers Market, which prepared foods would compete with. Food products that are sold as a take-away item to be eaten off-site can be an exception.
- Cannabis products or plants.
- Access to electricity is available on a limited basis and has to be approved beforehand.
- Ice can be used at the market but must be carried off site by the vendor and cannot be dumped onto the park or street.
- Vendors may only pull their vehicles onto the park with prior approval and must provide adequate commercial automobile insurance.
How does one apply to become a vendor?
Resources for Applicants
(Includes market regulations, operations details, and payment information.)
2023 Application Timeline
Applications are considered on a rolling basis; however, final deadline for application
submissions is Friday, March 31st. Due to space, we have limited numbers of vendors we can
accept per product category, so it is recommended that you submit your application as soon as
- Friday, March 31st – final deadline for applications due to BPMA
- Friday, April 7th – final day for vendors to be notified of acceptance
- Friday, April 28th – acceptance agreement and insurance paperwork due to BPMA
2023 Application Checklist
Due no later than March 31st
Completed and signed Application, including the following:
• Completed and signed Product List
• Signed Vendor Application Agreement
• Signed BPMA Farmers Market Policy
Due April 28th
- City of Boston Vendor Profile and additional documents as required
- Certificate of liability insurance for your farm/business naming the following entities as additionally insured
o Boston Public Market Association, 100 Hanover St., Boston, MA 02108
o Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Conservancy, 185 Kneeland Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02111
o City of Boston, One City Hall Square, Boston, MA 02201
o Massachusetts Department of Transportation, 10 Park Plaza, Suite 3170, Boston, MA 02116
- Insurance Requirements:
o General Liability: $1,000,000/$2,000,000 Bodily Injury & Property Damage
o Workers Compensation $100,000 Per Disease/$100,000 Per Accident/$500,000 Policy Limit
o Automobile Liability: $1,000,000
If you have any questions about our application process, please contact Gina Cassara at email@example.com.